Saturday 4 October 2008

Well, what do you know...


Usual Facebook junk mail, till I see one from Alison Croggon, Australian poet and good friend. She has taken the quiz: What Were You in a Past Life. So, for Alison's sake, I take it, thinking: Budapest barrow boy? The one decent doctor in history? The ghost of a flea? Mighty Joe Young?

At one point it asks me whether I cry at the movies. Doesn't tell you what films. Does that mean invariably? Is it asking whether I am an irredeemable sentimentalist? I say no. This does not generally happen with me. Let me be with the hard-hearted realists of the world. And see what happens?

Result: A Romantic Poet

You know how you're kind of...you know...sensitive? There's a good reason for that. Long, long ago, you were a romantic poet - the kind that made all the ladies swoon with your sexy sonnets.

Even if you're not much of a poet now, you've still got a lot of creativity brewing in your soul. And you've got a strong ability to notice details and understand other people's emotions.

If you ever have writer's block or just need some creative inspiration, try to harness some of that poet power in your soul's past.

I rather resent that "even if you're not much of a poet now". My sexy sonnets are as swoonworthy as ever, nay, swoonworthier! I shall flyte the swine.


1 comment:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Swine Facebook indeed. I took the questionnaire like a man, but clicked something wrong at the end, and I don't know now what...